Friday, February 13, 2009

Day One - Part One

OK, so this is my first blog post, and I've already had it disappear on me three times! Ugh. Not a good start! Lesson number one: Write your post in a word processing document first, then post it!

This is my first real attempt at blogging. I've never been good at keeping a journal or diary, but at this point in life, I finally decided that enough has happened to me, and I need to write about it!

My name is Jamie, I'm 32, female, white, born and raised in the United States. I’m married, no kids, college educated with a Bachelor of Arts, a Juris Doctor, and over $100,000 in student debt to show for it. I am an attorney, although I haven't been practicing law for profit for a few months and I’m not sure if I’m technically unemployed or self-employed. I spend most of my time these days as a homemaker. I am lucky that my husband is gainfully employed, and we live in a two-story home in a Northern California suburb.

I have many interests and things I'd like to write about, so it's possible this could turn into several blogs. Some subjects close to my heart include: relationships and psychology, religion, politics and government, work-life balance, infertility, family, cancer, organic food and cosmetics, pets, philosophy, history, books, science-fiction, law, gardening, traveling, clothes and jewelry, business and financial planning. So we’ll see what pops up!

I am interested to find out if anything that has happened, is happening, or will happen in my life resonates with anyone else out there, so please, feel free to post your comments. I apologize ahead of time if I offend anyone, but please, stay cool-headed and don’t flame. Kindred spirits are preferable.

I think that with St. Valentine’s day tomorrow, my love life is probably a good topic for discussion. But this has taken so long, I need to go get my workout done before lunch time, and take care of some of my housekeeping duties before it gets too late in the day. I’ll be back later.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment